Duncans of London Limited (“we”, "us", "our") takes your data privacy seriously and we are commitment to ensuring the privacy and safeguard of your data on our group technology platforms.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Duncans of London Limited (company number: 6914766) whose registered office is Greenways Church Lane, Ford End, Essex. CM3 1LH.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you so that we can provide you with our service as effectively as is possible. We may collect and process:
• information that you provide by filling in forms or posting enquiries on our websites, www.duncansoflondon.com, www.duncansoflondon.co.uk (our “websites");
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• details of transactions you carry out and details of any reservations made;
• details of visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is
required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access; and
• your contact details if you become a subscriber to our mailing list.
• With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information,
browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date
and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and
mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites or make use of reservation services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For more information on cookies and instructions on disabling them please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/
How we use your Information
Information you give to us.We may use this information:
• to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and/or services we feel may interest you, where
you have consented to such contact;
• to notify you about changes to our websites and/or our services;
• to ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, when you choose to do so; and for internal record keeping.
• Information we collect about you.We may use this information:
• to process and administer online reservations;
• to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to build marketing profiles;
• to send you newsletters and/or marketing material we feel may interest you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about products and/or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your Information
• We may share your information with third parties, including:
• our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites;
• our business partners or suppliers, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (either directly or as agent for any of our property
partners) and in order to provide you with the products and/or services that you order from us or our property partners;
• carefully selected third party providers who may provide you with information about similar products and/or services, where you have consented to
• We may disclose your information to other third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such
business or assets;
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our
website T&Cs or other agreements; or
• We continuously review and update our administrative and technical security mechanisms to protect your information against unauthorised access, loss or alteration. Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access the Internet is not a totally secure environment and we cannot guarantee that the information will be secure during transmission by you to our websites.
When you make a booking or enter personally identifying information your payment details are transmitted across the internet securely using high-grade encryption.
You have the right to ask to see the information that we hold about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact our Technology team at firstname.lastname@example.org